Upon your arrival at Izmir Airport, you will be welcomed by your name sign. (Please note that your flight needs to land at Izmir Airport between 07:30 am to 08:30 am and the return flight needs to be at 19:00 or later.)
You will be transferred to the Ephesus Ancient City.
- One of the most fascinating structures in this ancient city is the Celcius Library. This library, which was built on a central point of the city, has two floors and it is still standing in terms of its basic structure. When the library is examined it is immediately noticeable that it was built with very fine workmanship. The fine patterns and details between the stones reflect the architectural understanding of the period. This library is large enough to store 14,000 books.
- Another popular structure is the Grand Theater. The Grand Theater is quite spectacular and large enough for many people to use. It will be very enjoyable for you to imagine what kind of meetings the Ionians have been doing for years. This theatre, which is still standing, is an amphitheatre.
- Another popular building in the region is Temple Of Hadrian. Hadrian was one of those who made the kingdom of Rome for many years. The kings who died at that time were considered sacred and some temples were built for these kings. These temples are some of the structures reflecting the religious understanding of the period.
- The next destination will be House of Virgin Mary. It is believed to be the last residence of the Mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary. 4-6 years after the death of Christ, she came to the Bulbuldag with St. John and lived here. The peaceful site is sacred to both Christians and Muslims and is visited by many tourists and pilgrims. After the proclamation of Pope Paul VI in 1967, Pope II. John Paul came to Ephesus and announced that the House of Virgin Mary was a place of pilgrimage for Christians. It is a world-famous pilgrimage place. The building is a church dating back to the seventh century and restored in 1951.
- Another destination will be Isa Bey Mosque. Inspecting a mosque with a rather magnificent modern structure can be a different and enjoyable experience for you.
- You will have a chance to have a pleasant lunch in a local restaurant with the participants. You should pay extra if you want to drink during lunch.
- Breaking a day of your Izmir holiday for such a pleasant historical trip will add a lot to you both in terms of cultural and touristic aspects.
16:00 ─ Ephesus tour from Izmir Airport is ended.
Or it is possible to drop you off one of the hotels in Selcuk or Kusadasi town.
After this pleasant experience, our tour staff will transfer you back to Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport.