04:00 am ─ We will pick you up from your hotel in Istanbul and transfer to the airport.
07:05 am ─ Fly to Izmir from Istanbul. (Flight times may be earlier or later, and airport shuttle times may change accordingly.)
08:25 am – When you arrive at the airport in Izmir, our staff will welcome you by your name sign.
Then, transfer to Ephesus Ancient City.
- Marble streets: Ephesus day trip from Istanbul starts with the Marble Streets. The ancient city of Ephesus also had remarkable, aesthetic streets. There were various sculptures on the sides of the glittering streets made of marble. Taking a walk in this street will make you very happy.
- The Odeon: To understand the social life of a city, it is necessary to understand how people spend their free time. At the Odeon, many religious ceremonies were held. There were also concerts and theaters for entertainment. The Odeon was large enough to accommodate 24,000 people at the same time. This theater has a unique architectural structure.
- The Agora: The third destination included Ephesus Day trip from Istanbul is the Agora. It is considered the political center of the city, was in a sense the place of privileged individuals.
- The Temple of Hadrian: Built-in 138 AD, this temple tells us a lot about the religious beliefs of the inhabitants. The temple was inlaid by P. Quintilius.
- Temple Of Artemis: Would you like to meet one of the seven wonders of the world? The Temple of Artemis in the ancient city of Ephesus is included in this list. Unfortunately, only a few stones remain. But you will still be amazed when you see the estimated completion of the structure in the virtual tools such as a computer or your smartphone.
- House of Virgin Mary: It is an important place in the Ephesus day trip from Istanbul. It is believed to be the last residence of the Mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary. 4-6 years after the death of Christ, she came to the Bulbuldag with St. John and lived here. The peaceful site is sacred to both Christians and Muslims and is visited by many tourists and pilgrims. After the proclamation of Pope Paul VI in 1967, Pope II. John Paul came to Ephesus and announced that the House of Virgin Mary was a place of pilgrimage for Christians. It is a world-famous pilgrimage place. The building is a church dating back to the seventh century and was restored in 1951.
16:00/17:00 ─ Ephesus day trip from Istanbul ends.
Transfer to Izmir Airport.
20:40 ─ Fly to Istanbul from Izmir. (Flight times may be earlier or later.)
21:40 ─ Arrival at the airport in Istanbul. Tour ends.
Thanks for joining the Ephesus day trip from Istanbul.
The trip was well planned by Kaan, our pick-up/drop-off at our hotel in Istanbul, flights, transfers, guide, and driver were excellent, attentive, and professional. The included lunch was good at the local restaurant, the vehicle was in good condition with air conditioning, etc… and a very convenient trip for us. We highly recommend this excursion from Istanbul if you have a short time vacation in Turkey. If you have enough time to stay in turkey then contact this company for a tailor-made program. Ancient Ephesus is a breathtaking sight, That’s quite remarkable that so much of the ancient city was preserved in such great condition. A must-see if you’re traveling to Turkey. Make sure to see the Terrace Houses in the ancient city as well (extra entry fee).
My family’s private daily excursion to Ephesus from Istanbul was superb. Everything was perfect in the program, our tour guide also very professional, gentle, smart, and knowledgeable. All the tour company’s staff were very interested in everything related to our tour. You should see the Ephesus Library, Marble Street, Theater, Basilica of St. John, and the Temple of Artemis then also St. Mary’s home. Thanks for everything.
What an ancient city! Would you like to live in this Ephesus at that time? This explore excursion should be on the top list of things to do in the Aegean sea area. Pay for a full-day trip to get to the four main places: Ancient Ephesus, St. Mary’s House, Temple of Artemis, and Isabey Mosque. All of them were well organized and superb.
This’s an enjoyable excursion with a very informative and helpful guide. Even though that was raining from the start of the tour till the end, we were happy following the tour guide with his clear explanation of the ancient city of Ephesus.
That was a really great day in the ancient Ephesus area with a charming atmosphere and we were very excited in Sirince village with organic fruit wines. The tour guide on the tour was very informative and polite. Our daily tour from Istanbul to ancient Ephesus fully organized by Erkan Erdogan and we did not feel any problem with pick up from our hotel to the airport and back to the airport. Ephesus day trip from Istanbul is highly recommended…