08:00 / 08:30 am ─ You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul.
Then, you will be transferred to the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul. You can read this Istanbul city tour’s itinerary below.
- Blue Mosque was determined as the first destination within the scope of the tour. Blue Mosque is a building where you can see Blue Iznik Tiles. This building, also known as Sultan Ahmet Mosque in Turkish, was built in the 17th century.
- The second destination within the scope of the tour was determined as the Hippodrome. This structure is extremely magnificent and gives interesting information about the Byzantine period. The building, which was spread over a very large area, was built in the 2nd century BC. It has been used for centuries. For example, in the Byzantine period, the area where large competitions are held in the Hippodrome.
- The Hagia Sophia Grand Mosque (Hagia Sophia Museum) was designated as the third destination within the scope of the Istanbul tour. It will be a unique experience to see this structure on your short holiday in Istanbul. This structure, which has important remains of both Christianity and Muslim faith, is extremely robust. Moreover, this structure is still being used for some official and religious meetings.
- Grand Covered Bazaar is the fourth destination to visit. Here you can buy ethnic products and experience a unique cultural experience. Desert and coffee varieties, some textile products, and decoration products are sold in this bazaar. In addition, the authentic structure of the bazaar is fascinating.
- After this destination, you will have lunch at a local restaurant as part of the tour. This lunch will be covered by the tour. But drinks will be your special expenses during the meal.
- The Magnificent Topkapi Palace will be the first destination after lunch. It is quite enjoyable to participate in this type of tour, especially in the summer. Because trips between destinations can be extremely fun. Topkapi Palace is an important building that has been used by the Ottoman Empire for years. By examining the structure, you will have the opportunity to learn about the past centuries. In addition, our tour guide will provide you with information about the buildings throughout the tour. This will give you a more sophisticated trip experience. “Spoon Diamond” in Turkish “Kasikci Elmasi” is one of the special things that you will have the chance to see here.
- All transportation services between destinations will be free of charge. You will also not need to pay any extra ticket when entering the museum (Harem Part is excluded). All these expenses will be covered by the tour.
17:00 ─ When the Istanbul city tour ends, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Istanbul.
This tour is an excellent way to explore the highlights of Istanbul and learn about the rich history and culture of this incredible city. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly, providing us with a wealth of information about each attraction we visited. The tour started with a visit to the iconic Blue Mosque, an architectural masterpiece with its stunning domes and minarets. The interior was just as impressive, adorned with beautiful blue tiles and intricate calligraphy. We then proceeded to the Hagia Sophia, a former church and mosque that is now a museum. The guide gave us a detailed history of this magnificent building and its significance in Istanbul’s history. The interior was equally impressive, with its impressive dome and intricate mosaics. Next, we visited the Topkapi Palace, the former residence of the Ottoman Sultans. The palace’s architecture and interior were breathtaking, and we learned about the lives of the sultans who once lived there. The palace’s stunning gardens were also a highlight of the tour. Finally, we visited the Grand Bazaar, a bustling marketplace with a rich history dating back to the 15th century. We explored the maze of shops and stalls, where we had the opportunity to bargain with local merchants for unique souvenirs and gifts. Overall, the Istanbul history tour by Toursce was an exceptional experience. The itinerary was well-planned, and we had enough time to explore each attraction thoroughly. The guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating, making the tour both informative and enjoyable. I highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Istanbul for the first time or wanting to learn more about the city’s history and culture.
If you have time and a chance join a tour guide. They are not expensive in the group tours. I am keen on the religious history of Istanbul and it’s not just a multinational city but there are many places hidden away from the main tourist attractions as well. Even for someone like us who has spent years researching deep history, in Istanbul, there is always something new to discover. So, this tour was that for us. Thank you very much.