04:00 am ─ We will pick you up from your hotel in Istanbul and transfer to the airport.
07:05 am ─ Fly to Izmir from Istanbul. (Flight times may be earlier or later, and airport shuttle times may change accordingly.)
08:25 am – When you arrive at the airport in Izmir, our staff will welcome you by your name sign.
Then, transfer to Ephesus Ancient City.
- Marble streets: Ephesus day trip from Istanbul starts with the Marble Streets. The ancient city of Ephesus also had remarkable, aesthetic streets. There were various sculptures on the sides of the glittering streets made of marble. Taking a walk in this street will make you very happy.
- The Odeon: To understand the social life of a city, it is necessary to understand how people spend their free time. At the Odeon, many religious ceremonies were held. There were also concerts and theaters for entertainment. The Odeon was large enough to accommodate 24,000 people at the same time. This theater has a unique architectural structure.
- The Agora: The third destination included Ephesus Day trip from Istanbul is the Agora. It is considered the political center of the city, was in a sense the place of privileged individuals.
- The Temple of Hadrian: Built-in 138 AD, this temple tells us a lot about the religious beliefs of the inhabitants. The temple was inlaid by P. Quintilius.
- Temple Of Artemis: Would you like to meet one of the seven wonders of the world? The Temple of Artemis in the ancient city of Ephesus is included in this list. Unfortunately, only a few stones remain. But you will still be amazed when you see the estimated completion of the structure in the virtual tools such as a computer or your smartphone.
- House of Virgin Mary: It is an important place in the Ephesus day trip from Istanbul. It is believed to be the last residence of the Mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary. 4-6 years after the death of Christ, she came to the Bulbuldag with St. John and lived here. The peaceful site is sacred to both Christians and Muslims and is visited by many tourists and pilgrims. After the proclamation of Pope Paul VI in 1967, Pope II. John Paul came to Ephesus and announced that the House of Virgin Mary was a place of pilgrimage for Christians. It is a world-famous pilgrimage place. The building is a church dating back to the seventh century and was restored in 1951.
16:00/17:00 ─ Ephesus day trip from Istanbul ends.
Transfer to Izmir Airport.
20:40 ─ Fly to Istanbul from Izmir. (Flight times may be earlier or later.)
21:40 ─ Arrival at the airport in Istanbul. Tour ends.
Thanks for joining the Ephesus day trip from Istanbul.
Ephesus was an amazing experience! Definitely our favorite of the trip in the Turkey holiday.
This was a wonderful excursion! Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the sights and his expertise during the excursion of ancient Ephesus was really appreciated.
Excellent Ephesus tour service from tour booking till the end! Our inquiry on the day trip to Ephesus from Istanbul was answered within minutes, all questions were timely answered and the hotel pick up was very smooth. Canan our guide was very animated, polite, friendly, and informative. Overall was a great experience. Highly recommended.
We had an excellent time in Ancient Ephesus and a very special feeling at the Virgin Mary House. Very good and organized day trip to Ephesus in Izmir. Highly recommend.
This tour was amazing! Everyone was so very accommodating and responsive. Everything was so expertly planned out (cab rides, plane tickets, meals, act.) that I had all the time I needed to simply relax and enjoy my experience. I would VERY highly recommend the tour and this company. 🙂