04:00 am ─ We will pick you up from your hotel in Istanbul and transfer to the airport.
07:05 am ─ Fly to Izmir from Istanbul. (Flight times may be earlier or later, and airport shuttle times may change accordingly.)
08:25 am – When you arrive at the airport in Izmir, our staff will welcome you by your name sign.
Then, transfer to Ephesus Ancient City.
- Marble streets: Ephesus day trip from Istanbul starts with the Marble Streets. The ancient city of Ephesus also had remarkable, aesthetic streets. There were various sculptures on the sides of the glittering streets made of marble. Taking a walk in this street will make you very happy.
- The Odeon: To understand the social life of a city, it is necessary to understand how people spend their free time. At the Odeon, many religious ceremonies were held. There were also concerts and theaters for entertainment. The Odeon was large enough to accommodate 24,000 people at the same time. This theater has a unique architectural structure.
- The Agora: The third destination included Ephesus Day trip from Istanbul is the Agora. It is considered the political center of the city, was in a sense the place of privileged individuals.
- The Temple of Hadrian: Built-in 138 AD, this temple tells us a lot about the religious beliefs of the inhabitants. The temple was inlaid by P. Quintilius.
- Temple Of Artemis: Would you like to meet one of the seven wonders of the world? The Temple of Artemis in the ancient city of Ephesus is included in this list. Unfortunately, only a few stones remain. But you will still be amazed when you see the estimated completion of the structure in the virtual tools such as a computer or your smartphone.
- House of Virgin Mary: It is an important place in the Ephesus day trip from Istanbul. It is believed to be the last residence of the Mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary. 4-6 years after the death of Christ, she came to the Bulbuldag with St. John and lived here. The peaceful site is sacred to both Christians and Muslims and is visited by many tourists and pilgrims. After the proclamation of Pope Paul VI in 1967, Pope II. John Paul came to Ephesus and announced that the House of Virgin Mary was a place of pilgrimage for Christians. It is a world-famous pilgrimage place. The building is a church dating back to the seventh century and was restored in 1951.
16:00/17:00 ─ Ephesus day trip from Istanbul ends.
Transfer to Izmir Airport.
20:40 ─ Fly to Istanbul from Izmir. (Flight times may be earlier or later.)
21:40 ─ Arrival at the airport in Istanbul. Tour ends.
Thanks for joining the Ephesus day trip from Istanbul.
Last month had the pleasure of taking a day trip from Istanbul to visit the Virgin Mary House, Ephesus Ancient City, and Artemis Temple, and it was truly an incredible experience. The journey to Ephesus was a little long, but the beautiful countryside views along the way made it well worth the trip. Once we arrived, we were immediately taken aback by the stunning ancient city of Ephesus, which was one of the largest and wealthiest cities of the ancient world. The ruins and historical landmarks were fascinating, and we learned so much about the history of this remarkable city. We also visited the House of the Virgin Mary, a Christian pilgrimage site believed to be the final resting place of Mary, the mother of Jesus. The peaceful and serene atmosphere of the house was truly moving, and we were amazed by the beauty of the site. Our final stop was the Artemis Temple, which was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Although little of the temple remains today, we were still amazed by its historical significance and the stories of its grandeur. Throughout the day, our guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and always willing to answer any questions we had. The tour was well-organized, and we had ample time to explore the sites and take in the stunning scenery. Overall, I would highly recommend the Ephesus day trip from Istanbul to anyone interested in exploring the rich history and cultural significance of Turkey. The tour was well worth the journey, and the sights and experiences were truly unforgettable.
Lancy C. –
This travel agency made my one day trip to Ephesus amazing. Everything was so punctual and the tour guide was really eager to inform us about the historical sights. ToursCE is highly recommended!!!