How to choose a company for a hot air balloon flight in Cappadocia?
In Cappadocia, there are more than 20 companies engaged in commercial balloon flights. Choosing one of them is not the easiest task, however, we would like to draw your attention to a few key things:
- The cost of the flight and its duration. The standard price ranges from 170-180 euros per person
The price of a balloon flight lasting 60 minutes for most popular companies in 2018-2019 is 180-200EUR per person for a flight in a basket with a capacity of 14-16 people. For children from 6 to 12 years, there is a 50% discount. Children under 6 years of age are not allowed to fly.
Sometimes the organizing company has different variations of flights; standard, deluxe, private. The standard is described above, the Deluxe differs from it by the increased duration of the flight (from 1.5 hours) and the smaller number of people in the basket (from 6 to 12). The price of a Deluxe flight is on average 250EUR. The cost of a private flight for you or your company starts from 3000 euros.
- The number of people in the basket and its size
Important! Usually, tourists come to Cappadocia for only 2-3 days to quickly see everything, fly in a balloon and move on. In this case, it is better to book a flight on the next day after arrival in Cappadocia. Despite the fact that flights are made almost every day year-round, often there are cancellations due to unsuitable weather conditions. Therefore, if you decide to fly the day before leaving Cappadocia, you risk getting trapped.
How to book a hot air balloon flight in Cappadocia?
We strongly recommend booking your balloon flight in Cappadocia in advance. Ideally, before arriving in Cappadocia, via the Internet. In some cases, it takes an advance payment, in others not. UPD: now everyone works only with 100% payment. Despite the fact that there are a lot of companies launching balloons, in the high season, from May to September, there are even more people who want to fly, so not everyone can come to Cappadocia and book a flight the next day.
You can book a flight in several ways:
- Directly from the companies organizing flights
- Through the online booking services of the city
When you book a hotel in Cappadocia online, you will most likely be sent a letter from the administration with a list of available excursions and entertainment, as well as an offer to book one of them. Then you will hear the name of the company that is engaged in the organization of flights and which cooperates with the hotel you book. After learning the name you can already read reviews about it and understand whether it suits you or not.
Upon arrival in Cappadocia to find one of these agencies will not be difficult. Prices are usually about the same as if you buy online through the services above so that a significant benefit is unlikely to get.
- Balloon flights in Cappadocia have been carried out for about 25 years. Currently, more than 26 companies offer their services to tourists. People are raised to a height of 10-500 meters, but not above 1 km.
- The service life of a standard ball made of particularly durable rubber is 5-6 years. Today, a new generation of balls with silver and gold coating is produced. It is believed that such a ball is safer.
- Tourists fly standing, holding special handles. The flight is smooth, without sharp slopes, set and reset the altitude gradually. All balls fly strictly on the set route and are coordinated on the radio. Aeronautics is performed year-round and daily, sometimes twice a day, but depends on whether conditions-temperature and wind speed. If the weather is bad, the flight is postponed to the next day or the money for the tour is returned to the tourist.
- Control of the aircraft is carried out by a qualified pilot. Licenses to firms to launch balloons are issued by the state aviation service of Turkey, it also monitors weather conditions. No more than 250 balloons can be lifted into the air at the same time, this is also regulated by the state aviation service.
- Balloon tours in Cappadocia transfer travelers from hotels to the place of the takeoff of the balloon takes place at 4-5 am, depending on the time of sunrise. Minibusses are used for these purposes. Tourists are brought to the office of the company, where the issues of payment for the air tour are finally settled and Breakfast is held. Then the minibus goes to the starting place, where tourists watch the process of filling the ball with hot air with a gas burner.
- After a brief safety briefing, the balloonists are placed in the basket and sent flying. The basket is woven from willow twigs-strong and durable, divided by partitions into four parts. The partition prevents the movement of passengers inside the basket and ensures the safety of the flight. During the flight, the pilot smoothly rotates the ball so that all tourists can appreciate the breathtaking panorama of the surrounding landscape. The airwalk lasts about an hour and ends with the landing of the balloon and the disembarkation of tourists.
- Next-rewarding travelers with medals and certificates of balloonists, drinking a bottle of champagne. Return to the hotel is carried out by minibusses and is included in the price of the tour. Arrival time 6-7 hours in the morning, allowing tourists to catch the second Breakfast.